Thursday, September 17, 2015

Whovian Playlist

Doctor Who Series 9 premieres on BBC America this Saturday, September 19th, at 9pm Eastern Time. I am excited. In honor of the series premiere, and also this year being the 10th anniversary of the new series (hot on the heels of the 50th anniversary of the franchise), this is my first ever attempt at creating a fandom-themed playlist. I tried to create a sort of thematic arc. I think it's pretty awesome. I hope you enjoy it, too.



  1. Space Oddity, David Bowie, performed by astronaut Chris Hadfield aboard the ISS
  2. Doctor Who Theme (2005-2007), Murray Gold
  3. Wunderkind, Alanis Morissette
  4. On Top of the World, Imagine Dragons
  5. Million Miles from Home, Dune
  6. Starlight, Muse
  7. Don't Stop Me Now, Queen
  8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2
  9. Clocks, Coldplay
  10. Conquest of Spaces, Woodkid
  11. Map of the Problematique, Muse
  12. E.S. Posthumus, Pompeii
  13. Run Boy Run, Woodkid
  14. On the Run, Pink Floyd
  15. One of These Days, Pink Floyd
  16. Cosmic Love, Florence + The Machine
  17. Abigail's Song, Murray Gold and Katherine Jenkins
  18. River Song, Ally Rhodes
  19. End of the World, Ingrid Michaelson
  20. The Call, Regina Spektor
  21. Doctor Who Original Theme Music, Ron Grainer and Delia Derbyshire
B-Sides (a collection of Who-ish songs and fanvids that didn't make the "album" above): 



What songs would be in your Whovian playlist? Tell me in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Leftovers

Usually when I’m revising, there’s a stage at which I realize I have to cut some stuff, either because it’s kind of tangential to the focus ...